Picture this: your baby is finally asleep so you sneak off into the bathroom for a quick shower. After this luxurious indulgence and while still enjoying the interlude of quiet, you are brushing your wet hair and suddenly you are shocked to notice the large clumps of hair that are falling like feathers, softly on the floor. You of course panic and wonder what is going on? Why you are suddenly losing so much hair?
Don't worry you are not going bald. Postpartum hair loss is perfectly normal. The good thing is that postpartum hair loss is temporary and is totally unrelated to breastfeeding. It commonly starts at around three months after giving birth with most women returning to their usual hair growth cycle (growth - anagen, and resting - telogen phases) between 6 and 12 months after giving birth. Due to the hormonal changes that accompany delivery, primarily falling estrogen levels, hair enters the resting phase, which is often followed by shedding.
Don't despair, there are numerous steps that you can take while you are waiting for your hair to return to its normal growth cycle during this transition period.
- Get a haircut. It is a good idea to sport a shorter wash-and-go hairstyle that requires less care. That way your baby will not grab onto it and pull.
- Experiment with different hairstyles. Use scrunchies or barrettes to put your hair up, instead of rubber bands. Just don't use a scrunchy on dry hair, it will end up looking like a giant frizz ball!
- Skip blow-dryers and curling and flat irons if you can, and put off any highlights, perms, straightening or other chemically based treatments.
- Invest in a good quality shampoos and conditioners that contain protein, especially those marketed for fine hair. They contain a lighter formula.
- Try different styling products, such as mousses or creams that add volume to your hair and use a leave-in hair moisturizer after shampooing.
- Avoid using a brush on wet hair. Use a wide-toothed comb instead that won't pull or stress your hair. It will also minimize tangling.
- Wear hair accessories. Using headbands, bandannas or scarves are all good options and are a stylish way to disguise hair loss.
Remember that these are just some helpful tips. Keep your existing hair healthy and shiny by eating well and taking a prenatal vitamin supplement. This will help in case you are not getting the proper amount of hair-building nutrients needed to sustain and grow healthy hair. We recommend that you take a hair growth supplement that includes biotin (vitamin B7) which is crucial for hair health because it helps to regulate the functions of the sebaceous glands and plays an important role in the synthesis of Keratin, the main protein component of hair. Biotin helps promote fast hair regrowth by improving the health of hair follicles and protects hair from becoming too dry and brittle. In any case, before starting to take supplements, it is best to check in with your doctor to make sure that you take the right amounts and that they won't interact with any medications you're currently taking.
The supplement that we recommend is Research Verified Hair Growth because it contains 21 clinically proven, key, 100% natural ingredients, which include folic acid, biotin, saw palmetto, ginkgo biloba and tocopheryl acetate.
- It provides a dual-action response treatment for your hair, stopping hair loss and stimulating new hair growth.
- Research Verified Hair Growth improves scalp flow and circulation in order to stimulate new hair growth.
- Research Verified Hair Growth strengthens dormant hair follicles and reduces follicle blocking hormones to decrease hair loss.
- Research Verified offers a separate biotin boost product for optimizing vitamin levels for ultimate hair growth and nourishment which contains 10,000mcg of biotin.
- Research Verified is manufactured in the United States in an FDA registered laboratory and is GMP-certified.
- All of their products are also third-party tested by external organizations to ensure they meet the strength and purity guidelines of the USP/NF (United States Pharmacopeia National Formulary).
- There are many discounts offered on its website with several low cost options (one bottle to 6-bottle deals).
- Research Verified offer a no questions asked money back guarantee for a whole year! What this means to you is that if you do not experience the results that you had hoped for you can simply return it and get your money back. It doesn't matter if you have already opened the bottles.
Bottom Line for Our Research Verified Hair Growth Review
We wanted to recommend a product that is easy to purchase, affordable and effective.
Research Verified Hair Growth is just that and more. It excels in quality, testing, and overall satisfaction rate. All of the loyal customers we spoke to love the way their hair feels when they are taking this product. They love that it has a money back guarantee for an entire year. They also like that you can buy just biotin for that extra boost.